yo willYoga In 60 Seconds ~ Warrior Pose Flow
Strengthening For The Legs
Virabhadrasana I (veer-ah-bah-DRAHS-anna) Warrior pose Virabhadra = the name of a fierce warrior, described as having a thousand heads, a thousand eyes, and a thousand feet; wielding a thousand clubs; and wearing a tiger’s skin…
You will embody that warrior energy with the focus, power and stability of warrior pose. This flowing standing strength sequence will work into the legs, core and back. It is easily adapted to a wide or narrow stance depending on how you feel and whether you have any restriction around the lower back. Your arms can be repositioned different ways to make it easy to modify if that’s needed for you. This is a great all-rounder to get you started with the warrior poses. Warrior pose is so versatile. This variation is Warrior 1, which is is the beginning of the fun with more variations to follow!
As well as being a great physical practice, on an energetic level, this pose will encourage self belief, confidence and standing up for what you believe in.
Here are a few of the benefits:
- Stretches out your leg muscles
- Brings awareness to and helps open up your hips
- Strengthens your leg muscles, which help to support and rehabilitate a weak knee (using safe modifications)
- Works your shoulder joints through varying ranges without load and has a strengthening effect through the shoulder girdle
- Generates heat in your body even when held in a static position
- Build it into a slow or fast sequence depending on goals
- Works the core muscles of your body much more effectively than any sit-up ever could
- Improves proprioceptive awareness, which means your balance is better
- Warrior poses can be challenging, satisfying, empowering and energising!
Remember to subscribe to our socials to get more free yoga tips. I look forward to seeing you over there!