Yoga In 60 Seconds ~ Warrior Pose Flow
Strengthening For The Legs
Virabhadrasana I (veer-ah-bah-DRAHS-anna) Warrior pose Virabhadra = the name of a fierce warrior, described as having a thousand heads, a thousand eyes, and a thousand feet; wielding a thousand clubs; and wearing a tiger’s skin…
Embody that warrior energy with the focus, power and stability of warrior pose. This flowing standing strength sequence works into the legs, core and back. It’s easily adapted to a wide or narrow stance depending on how you feel and whether you have any restriction around the lower back. Arms can be repositioned different ways to make it easy to modify if that’s needed for you. A great all-rounder to get you started with the warrior poses. Warrior pose is so versatile, this variation is Warrior 1 which is is just the beginning of the fun with more variations to follow!
As well as being a great physical practice, on an energetic level, this pose encourages self belief, confidence and standing up for what you believe in.
Here are a few of the benefits:
- Stretches out the leg muscles
- Brings awareness to and helps open up the hips
- Strengthens the leg muscles which can help to support & rehabilitate a weak knee (using safe modifications)
- Works the shoulder joints through varying ranges without load and has a strengthening effect through the shoulder girdle
- Generates heat in the body even when held in a static position
- Build it into a slow or fast sequence depending on goals.
- Works the core muscles of the body much more effectively than any sit-up ever could
- Improves proprioceptive awareness which means your balance is better
- Warrior poses can be challenging, satisfying, empowering and energising!
Remember to subscribe to our socials to get more free yoga tips. I look forward to seeing you over there!