Yoga In 60 Seconds ~ Foot Stretches & Releases
Easy Foot Stretches For Everyone
Show your feet some love with these foot stretches! An often-neglected part of the body. I know some people get grossed out by feet, but they really are an amazing part of the body. If you spend a lot of time on your feet or they are squished up in shoes during the day then you will love these easy little focused practices. You may not have thought of doing these types of movements before. It will help to release tension, strengthen and stretch the feet & toes.
You will need a little towel or blanket that you can scrunch up with the toes for this. I guarantee that your feet would thank you for this if they could speak. You could complement this with some yoga for balance heel lifts to add a bit more of a strengthening aspect.
Some Fun Foot Facts
- The foot and ankle is made up of 26 bones, 33 joints & over 100 muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- You take an average 8,000-10,000 steps each day
- Feet have about 250,000 sweat glands which make around a cup of water a day!
- There are around 8,000 nerves in the feet, no wonder stepping on lego hurts so much.
- In an average day of walking, feet experience forces totalling hundreds of tons. Equivalent to a cement truck.
- Women experience foot problems four times more often than men. This is largely attributed to shoe choice so think about the impact of those high heels or pointy toes ladies!
- Feet are largest at the end of the day.
If there is something you’d like that you don’t see, just ask and we’ll be happy to include it in future releases. Remember to subscribe to our socials to get more handy yoga tips. I look forward to seeing you over there!