Yoga & Back Pain Workshop
Learn some simple yoga practices to work safely with pain & build confidence.
2023 Dates TBC
Cost: $95 including all equipment, materials & afternoon tea
Venue: Charleyoga Yoga Therapy Room (Beaconsfield)
If you want to learn a bit more about yoga for back pain in Perth then this is the workshop for you! Take a load off and come and relax with us for a few hours, you won’t regret it!
Join Charley Hickey C-IAYT experienced yoga therapist and senior yoga teacher for an afternoon of learning and practice. The session will include:
- Overview of back pain, some common causes & identifying what yours might be – “Mindfulness”
- Understanding some of the bodily connections and how yoga might help, particularly breathing.
- Overview of some of the research into yoga for back pain
- Practice of some short, general, safe, gentle daily sequences
- Build your own short practice to do at home
- Identify if further treatment/referral is needed
Enjoy a series of gentle controlled movements interspersed with relaxing guided meditations. This will assist in releasing and relaxing the spine whilst easing tension in the whole mind/body system. Includes morning tea and a take-home pack which you can refer to later. Please bring a yoga mat & water bottle. All other equipment is provided.
This workshop is suitable for all levels, including complete beginners and those with old back injuries. If you’d like to have a chat first then please do give us a call or book a free 15 mins phone consult with Charley here
Please Note – Yoga teachers are very welcome to attend the yoga for back pain workshop. Charley is a senior yoga teacher and experienced yoga therapist so this workshop attracts professional development points with Yoga Australia, the International Association of Yoga Therapists and other associations subject to their terms.